Welcome to the online home for Preserving Galion History, LLC (“PGH”), a non-profit corporation established in 2011 to encourage the preservation of Galion’s historic resources through ownership, education, and promotion.
PGH’s first major project is the rescue and restoration of the landmark 1904 Bloomer and Nellie Gill House, located at 342 Harding Way West. For additional details on this effort, please click on “The Gill House” link above.
We also encourage you to read about upcoming events sponsored by PGH, an interesting narrative on the history of West Main Street (now known as Harding way West), and also details on other aspects of Galion’s architectural history and landmarks. We’ve also got “Nellie’s News,” which posts updates and stories about the Gill House and other PGH efforts.
NOTE: Regular Gill House tours have ended for 2013, and will begin again in the spring of 2014. The house is open for private tours of four or more, arranged by appointment, with a per person cost of just $5. To make a reservation to visit the Gill House, call and leave a message at: 567.876.1914.